Four of us went to Cardiff, Wales on the weekend. One of us didn't do any driving. Score!
The day started with a simple problem. How many people does it take to fill up a Vauxhall Corsa? if you answered 4 you're right. Me, Dazel, Shane and Claire searched everywhere for the fuel cap release - for a good five to ten minutes! It was by sheer blind luck that we found the key also opened the fuel cap. A combined IQ of 110 (including the gas guy recruited to search) didn't help.
So we go on to Wales, but we didn't actually see anything. Not that i know, i fell asleep as soon as we crossed the border. Opened my eyes and Voila! magically in Cardiff. Picked up our tickets and proceeded to queue. and queue. and queue. For all you men out there, don't come to Cardiff on the prowl. Unless you're after large bovines.
When the gates finally opened, i witnessed my first wilderbeest migration. What a sight! Shane sprinted like a cheetah, and Dazel ran with penguin-like grace into the stampeding herd. I really didn't know what was going on, but since everyone was running I figured, what the hell i'll run too. It wasn't until i was getting crushed up against Dazel that i remembered talk of a "Golden Circle", no not about drawing donuts in the snow, but that the first 3000 would be allowed up to the barriers. We lost Claire at some point, i think she was underneath someones armpit. But we all managed to get in, and got the best seats in the stadium. On the barrier, a few foot away from the catwalk and stage.
I ain't a huge fan of Madonna, but caught the Madge fever of Shane and went berko when she finally came on (probably cause we had to endure a really crap supporting act in the form of Paul Oakenfold. He's shit. And he likes ladyboys). At one point something wet landed on the back of my head, most likely drool from the rabid lesbian pack behind me, but i'll pretend it was a wayward sweat droplet from Madonna. I'll auction it on Ebay.The concert was so good, i happily endured the B.O guy with bad breath on one side, the lesbian posse foaming at the mouths behind me, and the farting lady on the other side. In the end I didn't see Wales, but I did see whales.

We arrived home at 4am. And I did not an ounce of driving. Gotta have plebs people. Gotta have plebs..
No comments:
Post a Comment